‘Earlier this year, President Obama gave tentative support to the idea of repealing the Authorization for Use of Military Force (AUMF) against Iraq, noting that the war was over. Congress never pulled the trigger, with hawks arguing against it.
Tonight, on the eve of a new US military operation in Iraq, President Obama is arguing he doesn’t need any Congressional authorization for his new foray into Iraq, since the old AUMF is still on the books.’
- US senators: Let’s bomb Iraq (again…)!
- Will Obama Listen to Slaughter and Power?
- GOP rips Obama as he meets with Congress on Iraq
- Congress to Obama: No consensus from us on Iraq
- Rand Paul open to Iraq air strikes
- Feinstein urges ‘direct action’ to keep rebels from capturing Baghdad
- U.S. Senate’s Reid does not back sending U.S. troops to Iraq
- Biden urges Iraqis to pull…
View original post 14 more words